Wednesday, December 11, 2013

3 Life Stressors and How to Deal with Them



With so many distractions that catch our attention, we never ran out of things to do, making us so busy with a lot of stuff. And because of this, we are becoming prone to stress. Different factors cause such, and it depends on our habits, lifestyle, environment, and the food we eat. I have been battling anxiety for so many years, and it became a more significant issue when I became a parent. Recently I suffered from extreme fatigue and stress - the time I've had enough. So what I did is list down the things that make me feel stressed. That way, I can evaluate and find solutions to this problem. After listing down my stressors and find ways to get rid of them, I can say that my day-to-day life is getting well. So here are some of the stressors that I think might also help you to determine your stressors;

Technology

Since I work as a freelancer, I usually spend 12 hours in front of the computer daily, and when I am relaxing, I always urge to use my phone to recheck the web. I realized that after using them, my eyes and back hurts a lot. It's an unfortunate habit. So to prevent stress early, focus on work and finish it on time. Limit internet browsing, especially if there's nothing essential to do. And I did this. After my shift, I spend my time with my baby and hubby.

Negative People

Sometimes other people can cause us to be stressed out. I have a few friends who constantly complain about their lives and relationships, which somehow impact me just because I sympathized with them. However, I realized that I am becoming their shock absorber, and in the end, I'm the one who feels like carrying a huge burden. I know there's nothing wrong with listening, especially if it is for a friend. However, make sure you are strong enough to absorb the negativity from other people's problems. If not, you can still listen. If asked for a bit of advice, give a suggestion, then shut. What I did is I took a break. I want to remove all the negative things thrown and absorbed by me. So, I took a break talking about problems; when I'm with them, I open up an exciting topic and happy stories unrelated to their lives and relationship issues.

Environment

I usually spend the whole day or week at home, in my little office without seeing other people and visiting places, talk about the downside of a home-based job. It stresses me out sometimes since I always see a messy room. So what I did is organize everything and see if I could make time for cleaning and family bonding. A cluttered place is a huge stressor, too, so better get rid of it. A clean environment eases the mind.

So far, these are my stressors and how I deal with them. It might be minor issues for some, but who knows, when these little things piled up, they are the worst. So, how do you deal with stress? Please share it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home

Japan's version of Old Europe...Stunning!

This is Nukumori no Mori (ぬくもりの森) or "The Forest of Warmth."It's a shopping centre for tourists found in Shizouka Prefect...

Search This Blog

emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.